10.18.2006

I'm in a book!

I heard about the release of The Man Watching: A Biography of Anson Dorrance, the Unlikely Architect of the Greatest College Sports Dynasty Ever by Tim Crothers from a friend on Livejournal who posted a couple excerpts from the first chapter. It already looked like a fascinating book for a Tar Heel and sports fan, but I got a heads-up today that I'm actually in the book!

I frequented Carolina soccer games as an undergraduate, usually standing at the bottom of the bleachers, leaning on the fence, at field level. The book has a picture section, one of which is a shot of the team singing the Alma Mater after a game from behind, so that you can see the student section. Front and center is me and one of my best friends! He's now a manager for the team, so it was taken during my sophomore year. He says you can definitely tell it's us, so I hope I can get my hands on a copy somehow...

No comments: